Well I'm pretty impressed with the majority of you believing I was having a girl when I was convinced otherwise! My obstetrician was also convinced that Cynthia was 'engaged' in the womb 2 months ago, but it was a different story when I went to his office of the day that Cynthia was born. He did a quick exam and was quite puzzled then promptly gave me a referral to have 2 scans within a couple of hours. The scans concluded that she was breech. So I went back to him and we had a chat & he said that if I was even a little unsure about having a natural breech delivery that I should have a cesarean. Of coarse I was a little unsure, so I was at the counter of his office, booking a cesarean for the next morning, when I realised that this is not what I ever wanted at all. I went back in & asked him how on earth is he going to get this baby out who is going to come out 'bum first'. He explained the process and I was very comfortable. So I was to be induced the next morning.
So that night after Shaun & I dropped Xander off to my folks house, I started getting contractions at 7pm. 9pm I was at the hospital with them 3 mins apart. They then got me into the birthing suite quick smart as I was to have an epidural 'just incase'. 10.30pm I was chatting to a midwife (a girl I went to school with) as she wanted to know if she could watch as she's never seen a breech delivery. Why not! How else are you going to learn I guess! 11pm & my Obstetrician looks at me and says 'we can get this baby out in 6 pushes'. So 14 minutes later, Cynthia was out! No forceps, no stitches. I was over the moon... and very much still am over the moon...
No comments:
Post a Comment